Pay for your Permits HERE!
The Engineering Division provides the citizens of La Plata County with a transportation system that meets increasing demands associated with:
- Population growth
- Improving public safety
- Supporting the economic vitality of our community
The County maintains partnerships with local municipalities and the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), addressing inter-agency connectivity and the development of a long-range, comprehensive transportation plan to direct both short-term and long-term transportation planning decisions.
The Engineering Division ALSO:
- Conducts Land Surveys for Road & Bridge construction projects
- Develops Engineering Project Designs for infrastructure
- Administers contracts for Road & Bridge construction projects
- Inspects project work to ensure quality and compliance with the project plans and specifications
- Permits all driveway accesses, any type of work within county right-of-ways, and also transportation applications
For addressing needs outside of City/Town limits, please contact the county's GIS Department: 970-382-6236, Jerome or Drew.
Questions for the Engineering Division - call Kelly Bachor at (970) 382-6363 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org